ADVOCACY FOR AMERICAN FIREFIGHTERS
THE FIREFIGHTERS COALITION OF AMERICA PAC IS FOCUSING IT’S EFFORTS ON SUPPORTING CONGRESSIONAL AND SENATORIAL CANDIDATES THAT BELIEVE IN THESE THREE CORE VALUES AND ISSUES THAT NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT MOVING FORWARD TO PROTECT OUR AMERICAN FIGHTERS:
Did you know?
- Public fire departments responded to 1,318,500 fires in 2018, virtually the same as the previous year.
- Every 24 seconds, a fire department in the United States responds to a fire somewhere in the nation. A fire occurs in a structure at the rate of one every 63 seconds, and a home fire occurs every 87 seconds.
- Seventy-four percent of all fire deaths occurred in the home. Home fires were responsible for 11,200 civilian injuries, or 74% of all civilian injuries, in 2018.
- An estimated $25.6 billion in property damage occurred as a result of fire in 2018, a large increase, as this number includes a $12 billion loss in wildfires in Northern California.
- An estimated 25,500 structure fires were intentionally set in 2018, an increase of 13% over the year before.
Our society is at a crossroads. For several generations, an expansive federal regime has marginalized and supplanted the institutions holding our society together. No wonder, then, that so much seems to be coming apart now. The question is whether we are going to continue to reduce funding to our firefighting forces across America. In that divide, the Firefighters Coalition of America PAC represents the Federal firefighters community which in turn effects you as a taxpayer and concerned citizen.
Your support of this PAC will be reflected in the candidates we support below in the upcoming elections.
Rep. Michael McCaul
|Key Legislation this Candidate Endorses|
|H.R. 1174||Federal Firefighters Fairness Act|
|H.R. 806||Portable Fuel Container Safety Act|
|H.R. 1241||Volunteer Responder Incentive Protection Act|
|H.R. 5334||Funding Our Roads and Ecosystems Sustainably Together Act|